credit card processing suggestions

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Eric Chadbourne
<eric.chadbourne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> i could be screwing up the terminology but i believe the client already
> has a merchant account.  so i'm on the hunt for a payment gateway.
> (though it appears paypal pro is both)
>
> the client is currently using mindbodyonline.com which is terrible.
> mindbody appears to be using two different processors in the background.
>  we're having a lot of problems with them so it's my task to replace
> them.  i've rewritten the front end with php / postgresql and now i'm
> trying to figure out how to keep the money flowing and provide excellent
> reporting.

We use TransFirst and are generally happy with them. They offer a web
service that you can integrate with and also support ACH transactions in
addition to credit card. We evaluated PayPal, too, and they have a nice API
that looks relatively easy to use, but no ACH support (at the time), which
was a requirement for us.