Old Ubuntu .deb?

Richard Pieri wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/665182
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/655392
>
> The second has some fixup examples.  In a nutshell you can either convert your qcow2 disk images to raw disk images or use "format=qcow2" as a disk parameter.

Ah!

Well, I managed to find the old .debs, and made it work again. Next I
take a few deep breaths, and maybe I am brave enough to upgrade again
and do the XML edit...OK, I'm ready.

I did the "upgrade" again, and it is again broken. Stick in the
"format=qcow2", and...I can't figure out the syntax...google about
looking for examples, finally find the example I needed in the script
intended for automatically migrating these XML files from the default
disk format to specified formats.

Lesson: If running kvm for real work, have a staging server for testing
such things.

(To save money maybe the hot spare can be pulled out of 'hot' mode and
used for the staging. If it seems to work with dummy guest VMs, live
migrate a test guest VM, and if that works live migrate the least
critical real VM, and if that works migrate the next most critical VM, etc.)

Thanks!

-kb

P.S. BTW, old debs can be found at repos.um.ac.ir...but I am wondering
whether before upgrades the paranoid should do a hardlink copy of
/var/cache/apt/archives to a backup directory.