ddr3 memory configuration....

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
> Behalf Of Stephen Adler
>
> Guys,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading to a 5500 class motherboard with DDR3
> memory and have discovered that one can impact the performance of the
> system depending on how one populates the memory on the motherboard. A
> quick check on the net shows that its a bit confusing. Can anyone
> recommend an easy rule of thumb on how to populate a motherboard? It
> looks like its best to buy DDR3 DIMMs in factors of 3.

Check the manual of your motherboard.  It doesn't depend on the memory so
much, as the motherboard and CPU.  I know what you say is true for some AMD
processors ... and presumably some intels too...  But it varies per system
and per processor.

The only authoritative answer is going to be your motherboard manual.