[OT] Labeling wires

At HP we used color coding also.
But hwere, the situation is different. I have 2 24 slot Gbit stacked
switches in 1 rack section. We own the switches. The rack is shared with
all the other companies in the Regus office. I need to know what cable
goes to what wall slot. Our wall slots each have 2 CAT5E connections.
The patch panel is several rack frames away from the switches. I can
only control the cables that connect to the 2 offices we lease.
Currently nearly all the cables are yellow (ours and Regus). The cable
that goes from the switch to our rack is a different color. The new
office we are leasing has 10 (or so) wall slots. Initially, I'll
probably wire only 1 jack per slot. A while back when we got our rack we
did buy some cable and made sure it was a different color than the ones
Regus uses. So, it comes down to we need to know what cable goes with
what wall slot. And, from the wall slot patch panel, which cables go to
our switch.  The color code will help to identify what colors belong to
us. Every once in a while I might need to connect a wall slot to either
a cable modem or directly ro Regus' horrible network. If we had control
of what and who goes into the computer room, it would be easier, but
there is the Regus office staff, and sometimes IT guys working with
companies in here.

Actually, Regus has a worse problem because most everyone is connected
to their switches, and they have to control things by their switch port.