Trying to learn something but not sure what to Google...

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I'd wager its also doable with openwrt, though I dunno if apache and
> mod_proxy might overwhelm memory on such a light-weight box.

I'm sure there are lighter weight solutions than apache and mod_proxy.
Someone mentioned nginx[1], but even that is more general purpose than
what you need. Another option that is specifically for this task, though
possibly still too heavy weight, is Perlbal[2].

I'd expect a few hundred lines of C code could accomplish the task,
especially if it was hooked into the router's NAT table so it didn't
need to copy bits in user space once the initial packet was analyzed and
the connection established.

Myrle, when you're done experimenting, post back to the list the
results. I'm sure some BLU readers will be interested to see what worked.

 -Tom

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nginx
2. http://www.danga.com/perlbal/

--