deb/apt vs rpm/yum - was Re: preferred linux distro for workstation usage?

DEB is usually better in regards to dependency handling than RPM.  I say "usually" because I've had DEB blow up in my face, too.  Most recently with Debian Testing with NoMachine installed.  Admittedly this is Testing but even so, performing an apt-get update fails until I remove the NoMachine packages.

Honestly, the only package system that I've never had fail internally is the BSD Ports Collection.  I've had it fail on external stuff but never within the Collection itself.

--Rich P.