preferred linux distro for workstation usage?

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
> Behalf Of Ryan Pugatch
>
> I am curious which distro everyone prefers to use on their
> workstations (desktops and laptops).

IMHO, ubuntu hands-down.  Here are my installation notes:

After installing ubuntu:

System --> Administration --> Hardware Devices.
	Update video driver, reboot.
System --> Administration --> Update Manager
	click settings
		Under the "Updates" tab:  Check every 2 weeks
		Under the "Ubuntu Software" tab:
			Download From:  Other
			Select Best Server
	Apply all updates, reboot.
System --> Administration --> Synaptic Package Manager
	Add these:
	compizconfig-settings-manager
	gnome-do

System --> Preferences --> CompizConfig Settings Manager
  (General) General Options / Key Bindings / Show Desktop HotCorner - lower
right
  (Desktop) Expo / Bindings / Expo Edge - upper left
  (Window Management) Scale / Bindings /
        Initiate Window Picker for Window Group - bottom left
        Initiate Window Picker for Current Output - upper right