Gray Hair? Read and Weep!

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 17:28 -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> If your company is pulling all-nighters, there must be an
> emergency. If there's a permanent emergency, the company is
> badly managed.
>
> Yes, I know I just wrote off the entire video game industry as
> badly managed. I think they are.
>
> If you need three shifts, then you need three shifts.

When it comes to disrespectful employers abusing their working class
(yes programmers are working class) employees, then you can't beat a
good union.

Either that or scrutinise your employment contract like your signing
with the devil, the bigger the company the more demonic the terms
usually. Smaller companies tend to be fairer and more willing to talk
about the terms of overtime in my experience.

So i guess I'm in agreement ;-) working overtime must be an emergency
for programmers, no ageism excuses.

Martin,