Mono, gcj, java, c++, what?

On Aug 29, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Mark Woodward wrote:

> Funny, but "stored procedures" are probably the best way to implement a
> lot of functionality. They are "pre-compiled" by the databases, are
> faster than raw queries, and can be modified without touching the web
> code. My advice is to avoid databases that don't have such features. I
> could start my "don't even think about using MySQL rant."

I'm going to second this.  At the enterprise level, where you would want such a thing, you aren't likely to change your backend database.  If you are then you have vastly more expensive tasks to perform than rewriting some stored procedures.  Having stored procedures frees you from having to write and rewrite things for multiple front ends.

--Rich P.