atx dual processor server motherboard

I have 5 Intel dual-processor whiteboxes, all with Supermicro
motherboards and most have been running for 5 years or so. These are not
ATX form factor. One of the systems was given to us as a tower, but the
case itself is identical to the others. The only issues I've had was
that on one of them, RHEL 5.3 hangs on udev (until I blacklisted a
driver), and one can only use 1GB memory sticks, the reast are all 64GB.
We will be upgrading to the new Xeon 8 core processors later this year.

On 08/22/2010 04:03 PM, Stephen Adler wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm poking around the web looking at a possible upgrade to my system.=20
> The Xeon 6 core processors are looking attractive and a dual motherboar=
d=20
> with two of these, along with say 24 gigs of ECC memory would work=20
> nicely for me. The only drawback is that I have an ATX case which I=20
> spent way too much money on (its a Z Machine case) and I don't want to =

> "throw it away."
>
> So I've been searching for atx sized dual processor server mother board=
s=20
> and found one from super micro which looks to fit the bill. But I'm a=20
> big Intel fan, (don't ask...) and I'm having a hard time determining if=
=20
> Intel sells an atx dual processor server mother board. Intel search=20
> engine doesn't seem to be up to it. Does anyone know if any one of ther=
e=20
> Xeon 56xx series server mother boards comes in an atx form factor?
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846