FIOS - Mythtv Questions

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM, James Kramer <kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I just got FIOS.  How can I change the DNS name server?  The router
> has the ip for the name server.  I looked all over the router
> configuration and could not find a place to change it. I have added a
> nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf but it does not seem to be redirecting
> me. The nameserver in the router seems to be controlling my search.

I've had consistently bad experiences with the routers Verizon provides. My
advice is to purchase your own (over which you have full control) and place
it between the Verizon one and the rest of your network. Then you can
configure it to your heart's content. You can pick up a decent 802.11n
router for about $60. I like the Netgrear 300N.