Oracle Sues Google Over Android

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
> Behalf Of dan-dChtYZcB954 at public.gmane.org
>
> There are many uses of Java, but the ones I'm interested
> in are the smartcard ones and whether those uses of Java
> are entwined with the supposed patent violation litigation?

The free java license allows you to develop and use any application for any
purpose you want, to run on java.  (Except nuclear facilities - not kidding,
nuclear facilities are explicitly banned from the free terms of use.)

The main thing you're not allowed to do is to actually change *java* itself.
Reverse engineer or reimplement or modify the language.  Not allowed to use
the word "java" or any other trademark, to promote your product as a "java"
product...  Unless you pay.