WHOIS host records and ip addresses

John Abreau wrote:
> Ok, I see that you're querying a root name server, and it shows your
> bean town nameservers, but it's still not clear to me how to know
> that those are coming from the WHOIS glue records and not from your
> name servers.

Without glue records the root name server would only return the
delegated name server names. With glue records it also returns their IPs.

Therefore you should be able to create an automated script to monitor
your glue records by specifically querying the root servers.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA