WHOIS host records and ip addresses

I recently suffered a DNS outage where the primary DNS server was down
for a weekend,
and the WHOIS data apparently had the wrong ip addresses. The NS records in my
DNS server were correct, but when it was down, the host records at
WHOIS had ip addresses
that didn't match what was in DNS, and our zone disappeared until I
edited the WHOIS data.

The "whois" command doesn't show the ip addresses like it used to; now
all it shows are
the domain names of the nameservers. And since they don't necessarily
match what's
in DNS, that's not acceptable.

How can I do a WHOIS lookup that will show the ip addresses of the
HOST records that
Network Solutions maintains separate from DNS?

AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr-iMZfmuK6BGBxLiRVyXs8+g at public.gmane.org / YAHOO abreauj / SKYPE zusa_it_mgr
Email jabr-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9