Android and Linux

Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2010, at 10:43 PM, David Kramer wrote:
>> That's not inherently a bad thing, it just doesn't work for you.
>> Android doesn't sync with any program on any operating system, and
>> requires you to send every detail of who you know and where you'll be to
>> a humongous company.  That doesn't work for me.
>
> Not saying that it's good or bad.  Just saying that it is.  When you buy Apple then you should accept doing things Apple's way.

Absolutely.  This is the biggest problem I have with people who buy
Apple devices and are frustrated by their limitations, their way of
doing things, and things Apple does as a company (including how and when
they release updates and newer products).  They have been ever thus.
There should not be any surprises.  You know what you're getting, for
better or worse.  I chose to adapt by using an old Windows laptop for my
iTunes work.  It has the side benefit of never leaving my room.  But to
buy an iPhone and tilt at windmills how it won't talk to Linux or give
you mount access to everything on it is futile.

I am very much not an Apple fanboy, but the PDA market is dead, so I
bought the phone that could come closest to my needs.  Not meet them,
but come close.

>> You are wrong on some points, though.  I manage my contacts and calendar
>> through Outlook when I don't do it right on my phone.
>
> I'm... no comment. :)

Ah, I see you said "through" iTunes.  Sorry.