[Position-available] Cambridge Ruby Developer Wanted

Smartleaf wants to hire at least one full-time Rails developer who
will be able to steadily pick up responsibilities and become a point
developer for our production Rails application by the end of the year.

It would help if you know Ruby and Rails, since that's the major
focus of the job, but if you already know more languages than you can
remember, you can probably pick up Ruby pretty quickly. The ideal
candidate is first and foremost a good engineer; the exact fit of
technology domain experience is second.

The Smartleaf system is used by financial portfolio managers for
individual account management and analysis. One of the major challenges
is maintaining performance while implementing new data-intensive
features. We stress sustainability over speed of delivery as it fits
with what we actually sell: stable, rapid scalability.

Smartleaf has been in business since 1999 and in production since
2003. We have extensive health benefits, 3 weeks paid time off, and we
will remain in our current sunny office atop the Kendall T-stop for some
time. We are not funded by venture capital.

What we use in this part of the company: Ruby, Rails, Oracle, Debian,
SUSE, Apache, Perl, Git, SVN, CSS, HTML

Extra Credit: Experience in start-ups, interest in the financial
industry, C++, Oracle knowledge.

Send resumes and grammatically-correct cover letters to
jobs-qFT5cdVHNSDWXxRugSxzZg at public.gmane.org

Send random questions to me.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.