Android and Linux

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> There is an app called Swype
> you can installl to get a different softkey layout.

There is also a free app that offers Graffiti for input.  Not for
youngsters, but old folks whose fingers still know Graffiti might like
it.  For me it works better than the original because it is on a real
screen and it draws my stroke, so I can see when I am getting sloppy and
in what way.

> One issue with all the Androids is battery life.

My Android battery level does seem to fall fast, but that is in part
because it is still a novelty and I use it a lot.  Still being a
novelty, I also dote on it a lot and plug it at work, dock it while
driving, etc.

That said, I carry a spare battery for my Android phone.  Iphone users
can carry a spare battery, too, but it won't do them much good.  (I can
swap my batteries in a few seconds, with my bare hands!)

-kb