Comcast to FIOS and email?

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> A family member is switching from Comcast to FIOS in a few days, and
> has their email with Comcast.
>
> They said Verizon will reportedly help with migrating their email from
> Comcast to Verizon.
>
> What are people's experiences with this?

My experience is that Comcast email will be forwarded for 30 days. Verizon
must have an arrangement with Comcast to handle this because I did not have
to contact Comcast to set that up.

If your family member stores his/her email on Comcast's servers as opposed
to pulling them down to a local mail client, I don't know if they will
migrate those messages, but I wouldn't bet on it. You're best bet is to back
them up first via POP in any case.