Interesting $35 tablet running Linux

I think back to the $100 Laptop ( OLPC project ), well it
was done almost pro-bono and it would up costing them
about $100 to make it.  It took doubling the price to be
able to pay for distribution, support, infrastructure costs,
etc.  And that is because they only did large quantities
and didn't depend on retail sales channels.