End of Moore's law?

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:24:01PM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
>> Once you have enough computer capacity in your house to drive roughly 5
>> channels of 3-D HDTV to every room in the house, what else will you need?
>
> Cheap and plentiful bandwidth.

That's my point. Once you have a gigE *to* your house *from* the web, each
website has ample capacity to feed all its customers at that bit-rate, and
you've got the ability to feed it to all your rooms, and it can all be done
wirelessly to places beyond your house--all of which is possible right now,
just kind of expensive--then:

  Moore's law is at a dead end.

Right now we're just seeing what price the market will bear.  Will it be
$20/month or $400/month?  Each geographic region in the world will have
somewhat different price points but it won't keep getting better/cheaper in
the geometric way it has in the past.

-rich