multipath alias not being created.

> On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 17:22 +0000, tmclaugh-VThn6mlTRQFChFL4AGkBsw at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> (Apologies if this email gets double posted.  Wasn't sure if my other
>> address was subscribed to this too.)
>>
>> Hey, I'm setting up a CentOS 5.5 box right now which uses a LUN from
>> our SAN.  Originally I had user_friendly_names enabled so I was using
>> /dev/mapper/mpath0 as the device name.  I want to change that to
>> reflect the LUN ID from the SAN so I disabled user_friendly_names and
>> set alias to LUN34.  I rebooted the box but I do not see
>> /dev/mapper/LUN34 and instead see /dev/mapper/<wwid>.  Does anyone see
>> what I'm missing?  I can't figure out what I'm missing.  I've read the
>> docs correctly and /dev/mapper/LUN34 should exist right?  Thanks.
>>
>> tom
>
> You're close.  If you re-enable user_friendly_names, multipathd will use
> your *alias* as the UFN.  You'll get /dev/mapper/LUN34 as you expect.
> Before you were using UFN but getting the default alias....
>
> ccb

Still no go.  I uncommented user_friendly_names from the defaults section.
 Did a `multipath -F` just to clear stuff up.  And then restarted
multipathd.  I get /dev/mapper/mpath0 but no /dev/mapper/LUN34.

[root at corptech tmclaughlin]# ls -al /dev/mapper/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     220 Jul  1 13:34 .
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root    3640 Jul  1 13:34 ..
crw-------  1 root root  10, 63 Jun 29 08:32 control
brw-rw----  1 root disk 253,  7 Jul  1 13:34 mpath0
brw-rw----  1 root disk 253,  6 Jun 29 08:32 vg00-lv00
brw-rw----  1 root disk 253,  0 Jun 29 12:32 vg00-lv01