rack mount KVM over IP

 Thanks guys. After looking at prices, Rose came down a bit, but not
enough for me and my boss. I recommended the Aten CS1716I
(http://www.aten-usa.com/?product&cat=3D777&Item=3DCS1716i&PHPSESSID=3De9=
f07c4453516feaa58eff1386598ed).
After comparing all other units, it appears to be the best unit for us.

On 06/27/2010 11:06 AM, Stephen Goulet wrote:

>    I had good luck with Raritan except when I put one into a remote
> site.  The Raritan software would not create the JAVA subprocesses,
> i.e. network information not carried to new sub process correctly,
> preventing it from getting back thru our fire wall.  Rariatan was
> working on this but I do not know if they ever resolved it.   Without
> the firewall issue it worked great.
>

> Jerry Feldman wrote:
>> On 06/21/2010 10:56 AM, Chandler, Scott wrote:
>> =20
>>> I've been using Avocent model DSR 2020 for about four years now,
>>> plus a Dell branded Avocent version before that. They have 16 RJ45
>>> ports which connect over Cat5 to a dongle (they call it a "pod") on
>>> each server.    =20
>> On 06/21/2010 11:07 AM, Matt Shields wrote:
>> =20
>>> I use the Raritan KVM-over-IP and have been extremely happy with
>>> them.  I use the KX-232 and KX-464 (2 user, 32 port & 4 user, 64 port=
)
>>> ones with the Command Center to link them all together.  I have quite=

>>> a few of them thoughout multiple datacenters and the Command Center
>>> provides one UI to get to any server in the network.    =20
>>
>> Thanks guys. Certainly both Avocent and Raritan will be on my list of
>> recommends. I think that Matt mentioned the Raritan back in 2008. I've=

>> also got some experience with the Avocent brand stuff. I asked our
>> distributor for a list of what he carries. We can only deal with 1
>> company for PO purposes.
>>
>> One issue I had with the Rose KVM is that it would frequently go
>> offline. Specifically, I could access it from the local screen, but no=
>> remote, so I would have to power cycle it, and on a few occasions it
>> would not even be accessible locally. I would have recommended the Ate=
>> KH1516i unit but JABR had not installed it at that time, and out IT
>> people recommended Rose.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846