Fwd: Learning in the Linux Community

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Davis <dd1263-u0qTN5BbCBiVc3sceRu5cw at public.gmane.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM
Subject: Learning in the Linux Community
To: jabr-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org

Dear LUG contacts,

Your email address was listed on the Linux.org site. I'm conducting
academic research regarding learning in the Linux community. (In
particular we're looking at the possible role of 'legitimate
peripheral participation' and its impact on learning within the
context of the Linux community.)

I would be very grateful if you could pass on the link to the survey
to your LUGs.

http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

Below is the letter that I've used to spread the request for survey
participants.

Thank you for your time,

D Davis

-----------------------

Dear Gnu/Linux users,

Do you use Gnu/Linux? Do you consider yourself part of a larger
Gnu/Linux free and open source software community? Whether you've just
starting clicking around in Ubuntu or you've been tweaking your kernel
for years, we are interested in learning about if, and how, you've
learned (and possibly taught) as part of the Gnu/Linux community.

As part of our graduate studies, we, Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen, are
compiling a survey of Gnu/Linux users and their possible learning
experiences within the context of the Gnu/Linux FOSS community. The
results of the study will be presented to other Education
Technologists and may further the education world's understanding of
the Gnu/Linux community.

Please share your experiences via the following link:
http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

Your assistance in distributing the survey link to LUGs and Gnu/Linux
oriented forums is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Don Davis and Iffat Jabeen

AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr-iMZfmuK6BGBxLiRVyXs8+g at public.gmane.org / YAHOO abreauj / SKYPE zusa_it_mgr