A survey request from Dan Stolts

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 06/20/2010 02:16 PM, David Hummel wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Franco castro <latinos986-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Nobody else find this akward? MS survey in a Linux group?
>>>
>> Definitely awkward, and misplaced IMHO...
>
> The reason I posted this is because Dan has provided some assitance to
> the BLU, and the BLU vice-versa.

Fair enough.  I don't know the details of these interactions, and I
don't have anything at all against Microsoft, but suffice to say that
if I were to feel the need to provide feedback regarding Microsoft
software (which I don't because I don't use it enough for that to even
be justified), this list (or any UNIX/Linux-related list for that
matter) would be the last place I'd come to provide such feedback or
expect to be solicited for it.  Before I'd even consider this, I'd
want to know if the survey in question has anything to do with Linux
and/or open source, and how these communities might be affected by the
outcome of the survey.  Without this information I have to assume that
the survey is designed to benefit only Microsoft, and I'd rather spend
my time contributing to software projects that I actually use and care
about.