GRUB2 menu under Ubuntu

edwardp-mh2Nk+tgbQM at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
>> That is grub not grup :-)
>
> grub it is. :-)

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> That is grub not grup :-)

grub it is. :-)

There is an indicator in /boot/grub/grub.cfg not to edit the file, but
the info is from templates from /etc/grub.d and settings from
/etc/default/grub.  In /etc/default/grub, there is a line
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10 (on another system.)  I believe that (assuming) 0 (on
the laptop) is what needs to be changed, will have to check.

But... I just found (at Ubuntu Wiki):

> /GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0/
>
>    *
>
>       *The hidden timeout option is available to single-OS computers -
>       if multiple OS's are known to Grub 2, this option is bypassed.*
>
>    *
>
>       On single-OS systems, the menu will be hidden unless a /#/
>       symbol is present at the beginning of this line. ( #
>       GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0 )

It may simply require the pounding out of that line, then run
update-grub.  :-)