Comcast encrypts extended basic channels

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Bill Bogstad wrote:
>> This is the one I got (mentioned on mythtv-users):
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002
>>
> The information seems to be a bit vague as to whether it supports one or
> two IR blaster channels. (There are a bunch of blaster products that
> support 2 or more emitters, but not as independent channels.)

I only have one physical emitter and therefore haven't done any real
testing of this.   I seem to recall being able to
have only one channel transmit at a time though, but I'm not sure about that.

>> Unfortunately, there might be problems with nVidia USB chipsets which
>> may be why it won't work on my BE, but does work on my Intel chipset
>> systems.
>
> Have you since got it working?

Not with the AMD based system.   I even purchased a PCI USB add-in
card.   The blaster works with the add-in card
on the same machines as it did with the motherboard ports.   And it
still doesn't work in my AMD system with the add-in card.
At this point, I'm guessing it's a kernel version issue. (Ubuntu 9.10
works, KnoppMyth R5.5 doesn't)   I haven't had the time
to dig into what the issues are with R5.5.  I may end up just
upgrading the whole OS on my MythTV box.

Bill Bogstad