Comcast encrypts extended basic channels

On 5/7/2010 2:11 PM, Shankar Viswanathan wrote:
> Also, does anyone know if Verizon FIOS provides the OTA HD channels in
> clearQAM?

Last time I checked (when I was first setting up MythTV, probably a year
or so ago), Vz did offer OTA channels in clearQAM, but not in HD, and it
was useless because they'd switch the channels around multiple times a
week, necessitating a complete rescan of channels.

I stopped futzing with it because I get pretty good OTA signal at my
house, so I have my HDHomeRun hooked up to an antenna in my attic, and
just record things OTA, in HD.

My good OTA signal and Netflix has me almost ready to dump cable service
completely.  This encryption junk is just too bothersome.

Matt