Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

On 05/02/2010 07:50 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> There are complaints that Linux is becoming more Windows-like :-)
> What happens when you do ctrl-alt-f2. Do you get a prompt? If so, then
> log in and force the X server to reload. Ctrl-alt-backspace is now
> turned off by default.

I discovered that this is untrue. "Ctrl+Alt+Backspace" is not disabled
in the X-server, the key combination has been disabled. In gnome, as
soon as I re-enabled it in the preferences file it worked. I didn't have
to edit the xorg.conf file or create one.

I'm running F12 64bit.

The problem I have is that where I need to use it usually is at the
login screen before the user has been selected. I have a monitor that is
usually off on my server. If I turn it on it will default to a much
lower resolution. Without ctrl+alt+backspace I have to login and then
logout to restart the X-server and restore the correct resolution. So
how do you re-enable the key combination in xorg.conf?

This does nothing:

dontzap --disabled

I need to add a line to the xorg.conf file that says use the key
combination ctrl+alt+backspace, how do I do that?

Jim KR