Mapping inode numbers to file names

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
> Behalf Of John Chambers
>
> In Edward's scenario, you actually know something more that could be
> used  to
> radically trim the search.  You know the path to the file.  Even if
> these are
> different "in real life", you can still use them.  What you do is trace

Oh - Apparently I didn't make that clear - The directories haven't been
simply renamed.  The directories *may* have been renamed, but that's not the
point.  As you said, I could solve that problem easily.  It's the file
that's renamed, *and* located in a different directory.  Such as...

mkdir -p a/b/c/d/e
touch a/b/c/d/e/foo.txt
mkdir -p f/g/h/i/j
(create snapshot)
mv a/b/c/d/e/foo.txt f/g/h/i/j/BAR

Now, if somebody wants to find a previous version of f/g/h/i/j/BAR, the
correct location would be /a/.zfs/snapshot/snapname/b/c/d/e/foo.txt

And the problem at hand is ... What's the fastest way to identify the
correct snapshot path.