Headless back-end (Re: Notes on VirtualBox)

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Rich Braun <richb-RBmg6HWzfGThzJAekONQAQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:\
> VMware Inc's pricing strategy is so stratospheric that I'm going down the path
> of building these headless servers as soon as I can get some benchmarks run.
> I've been perpetually out of capacity on the several VMware servers I have at
> work; if we can actually go open-source, such limits will completely vanish.

I think VirtualBox is great, but you should think about whether you
are looking at the GPLed release or the binary only release from their
web site.   The binary only release has a number of nice additional
features, but is only free for "personal and evaluation use":

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox_PUEL

OTOH, I can't find any obvious way to purchase a commercial license.
Google only turns up people asking "how do I pay for this?" with no
obvious responses...

Bill Bogstad