[JOB] Python/Django Developer, Boston, MA

Python/Django Developer, Boston, MA

This is a full time, on-site, salaried (preferred) or hourly position
located in Boston, MA paying $70,000 to $100,000 or 45-60/hour.  Could be
salaried or hourly, but must be on-site.  US Citizens or Green Card holders
only please.  Local candidates preferred, however, candidates interested in
relocating at own expense considered as well.  No telecommuting.  Looking to
hire immediately in 1-2 weeks (1-week or less preferred). Thank you.

My Boston-based client is a rapidly growing technology start-up. They are
working on growing a website that has been in existence for 13 years with
currently about 1 million unique visitors per year.

** There are a lot of requirements below and it would be great if you had a
majority of them, but I will consider any candidates with Python (and
preferably some Django) and PHP experience.

They are looking for an all-star back-end coder who knows and loves
Python/Django as much as they do!

Responsibilities:

* Write maintainable, unit-tested code in Python, PHP, Java, and/or C++
* Model object-oriented packages and data structures for new software
projects
* Implement business logic and data models with superb class design
* Work with designers and project manager to estimate and plan projects in
an Agile development framework
* Work on a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers on all elements
of the development process
* Document work with appropriate technical documentation
* Mentor other developers on software design and coding practices

What you need for this position:

- Web 2.0 experience
- Practical experience designing and building consumer-facing web
applications.
- 3+ years hands on interface development experience, including usability.
- Strong knowledge of XHTML, CSS, JavaScript and JSON.
- Understanding of templating frameworks preferred (e.g. Ruby on Rails,
Django-Python, etc).
- CSS framework experience a plus.
- Strong experience with an AJAX frameworks: e.g. JQuery or Yahoo UI.
- Experience working collaboratively in an agile software development
context, including version control.

What you'll be doing:

- Coding & designing an interactive website.
- Work with other members in an agile environment.

To be considered, please submit your (preferably MS-Word) RESUME along with
your SALARY requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com

Thank you,
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
http://www.open-source-staffing.com