iPad

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
>
> That said, Opera did finally submit a browser to the App Store last
> week.  As noted, it is still pending approval.

Apparently there are conflicting blog reports all over, but it's irrelevant
whether opera was actually rejected or not submitted.  The fact that the app
store rejects anything (and they have a monopoly on app installations) is
enough reason for me to hate the app store.  And don't answer "jailbreak"
unless you want to acknowledge that you're in jail without the jailbreak,
which voids your warranty and might even be illegal.

If you don't want something, no problem.  But don't forbid other people from
getting it, if they do want it.  And we're not talking about just porn and
hate-propaganda software here.  We're talking about blocking legitimate
useful things such as google voice, and slingplayer, and eucalyptus
e-reader.

If somebody's willing to write some software, and if I want it, apple
shouldn't be standing in the middle, choosing what I am or am not allowed to
install, based on whatever subjective criteria they feel like enforcing.

The other points, such as the IE lawsuit, I'm choosing to drop, cuz it's
just pointless to argue about whether MS was sued for bundling IE or not
bundling everything else.  And reacting to the comment "android sucks" is
obviously pointless too.  And "Yes you can too code things for iPhone
without XCode..." (paraphrased) "You just can't use the IDE or simulator."
Sheesh, seriously???  Gimme a break.