iPad

Derek, that is sort of my idea too... there is not a need for a web browser
if some sort of menu pops up prompting a user to choose which browser to use
and allows a one click installation.

The problem, as I see it, is how does a user know which browser to pick?
 Remember how all of the Linux magazines used to describe different distros?
 Example:  Uses KDE, Doplhin for a file manager, plasma for special
effects... what does that mean to an uneducated end user?  The description
of a browser would be just a confusing to someone who is not computer
literate.  An end user prompted to choose between three web browsers with
such descriptions would probably just pick whichever icon they thought was
prettiest or whichever browser was first on the list.  Is providing someone
a confusing choice that is just going to make them guess at what they want
really worth the headache?

The computer world has always been this way... the uneducated select the
default, the educated make choices.