Fwd: [FSF] Why I'm rejecting your email attachment: for freedom and the good of the web!

On Wed Mar 31 14:36 , Derek Martin <invalid-yPs96gJSFQo51KKgMmcfiw at public.gmane.org> sent:

> Discretion is out the window.  I've been in David's situation too.  I
> sent my resume as HTML, and was told by many people, "sorry, you need
> to resend this as an MS-Word doc."

I've sent html docs in lieu of Word docs on a couple of occasions. The response I
got was also "We need a M$ Word doc". The response I gave was "That _IS_ an M$
Word doc! Just open it"!

They did, and that solved the problem. It was obvious that they weren't used to
getting anything that didn't end in ".doc", but that nobody had educated them to
the alternative possibilities.

You _can_ use html if you must: of course, I was dealing with headhunters, not
decision-makers, so I could be rude and crude. YMMV.

Bill Horne