Android Backflip summary

On 03/23/2010 09:09 AM, Laura Conrad wrote:
> Have you looked at the Nokia N900?  If I were getting a phone this
> month, and if money were no object, I'd be deciding between that and
> the Nexus One. =20
>
> I doubt that the apps for the Nokia are as mature as the ones for the
> iPhone, but they are open. They probably won't get the amount of
> development time the Android ones do, but they aren't tied to google.
> And you can get it unlocked.
>  =20
While the n900 uses Maemo, recently Nokia and Intel have announced that
they would work to combine Maemo and Moblin into a new, merged system
called MeeGo. In any case, the market is going to remain interesting.
Where I think the next step might be is the merging of the netbook and
cellphone markets. Consider an iPhone or Droid at twice the size.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846