Android battery life

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:27:52AM -0400, Ryan Pugatch wrote:
> I have a G1.  With my regular usage, which includes listening to Pandora
> during my 45 min commute both ways, my phone would be complaining about
> low battery (15%) by the time I got home around 6pm.  I just bought an
> extended life battery[1] (1400 mah vs 1100 mah) which now allows me to
> avoid the low battery warnings (when I went to charge it last night I
> think I was around 25-30% battery left).

I have a Droid. I'm pretty happy with it.

I charge it overnight next to my bed. It actually will only take
90 minutes or so to charge completely.

When I start my hour-long commute, I turn off WiFi -- a single
touch on the Power Control widget will do that -- and read
ebooks in FBreader. IMAP push delivers mail 24/7. I make a few
phone calls during the course of the day, and read again and
perhaps browse the web on my way home.

I read some more at bedtime, and then plug it in, generally with
about 15% left on the battery.

GPS and Bluetooth remain off all the time, except when I
(rarely) want GPS. Power Control handles that, too. I
occasionally listen to music. The backlight is set to
non-dynamic and minimum brightness -- this works well in every
situation except outdoors on sunny days.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.