Some Android questions

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of
Jared Carlson
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:14 PM
To: Doug; discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Some Android questions

In terms of the kernel, Anthony, from my brief experience at looking at it,
you've basically seconded what I've seen.  I cloned the adroid repo the
other day and I believe in the bionic folder they house their BSD/Linux
hybrid OS and as I delved deeper it looked like a little swiss cheese of
various pieces.  I noticed they have their optimized JVM but as I said, most
of the folks I know are putting optimized C code on Droid phones to get that
performance they want and so this mish-mash seems in line with what you've
mentioned.

It will be interesting though as a lot of folks are betting on Android...

- Jared

Hi Jared,
	I think I'm a lot more impressed with iPhone/iTouch.  Android shares
much of the same capability but from what I've seen, or perhaps better
stated what I haven't seen, Apple seems to have better QA measures.  Of
course I have no visibility into Apple so that could all be smoke and
mirrors...

Anthony