Ubuntu verify package files?

On 02/28/2010 12:02 AM, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:48:46PM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
>> I guess that's a no then.  Thanks.
>
> What's the yum/rpm command you are thinking of?

rpm -qV <packagename>

will tell you if any of the files owned by the package differ from their
installed state.  For example, running this on my machine:

  $ rpm -qV dovecot
  S.5....T.  c /etc/pki/dovecot/dovecot-openssl.cnf

where the various letters and dots are interpreted as:
       S file Size differs
       M Mode differs (includes permissions and file type)
       5 MD5 sum differs
       D Device major/minor number mismatch
       L readLink(2) path mismatch
       U User ownership differs