OT: Printer Suggestions

While it is clear that a big printer is better and cheaper per page
printed, that ignores the fact that the demand for pages printed will be
much higher with a fast central printer than a slow local printer. People
will send of 60 page prints just to see what is in them when the printer
is fast and 50 feet away. If it is local and a minute per page, they will
think twice. (I am not saying they won't ever print, just that often they
won't).

We have all centralized printers, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to
change the situation, I wouldn't protest a change. There are advantages
and disadvantages to both. In the end, I think the most important
advantage of the central printer is the saving is desktop real estate.

Daniel Feenberg