OT: I hate RCN's DVR

Haven't had any experience with the firewire but I do have rcn.  However I avoided the rcn hardware and bought an tivo hd.  An m cable card costs less than their base sd box, only thing you loose is the on demand and pay per view stuff.  Only drawback is you need to buy the tivo, I got a deal on one when I bought the tv at best buy.  But once you own the box the per month cost is lower.  Nother plus is you can hack the tivo with a couple of terabyte drives and get 300 something hours of hd.

I also know rcn is rolling out their own tivos for a few bucks more than the standard dvr.  But I'm not sure on availablity.

------Original Message------
From: Gordon Marx
Sender: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
To: BLU
Subject: OT: I hate RCN's DVR
Sent: Feb 22, 2010 9:37 PM

Hi all,
I know this is OT, but this DVR is killing me. It's a Motorola DCT3416 from
RCN. I had the same DVR with Comcast and had no problems, but the RCN DVR
software seems to be much worse. The main issue is that it records multiples
of the same episodes of shows with the same descriptions, which fills up the
DVR and causes the DVR box to throw out higher-priority recordings. Oy. Does
anyone have any suggestions? (other than "suck it up")

Thanks,
Gordon