[Position-available] Software Quality Assurance Engineer EM Authoring (Contract)- Waltham, MA

/* Full Disclosure:  I work for this company as a Database
Administrator, not a recruiter, however I am not paid a referral bonus
for this position because it is contract.  Constant Contact do not
publish salary ranges ahead of time, but I can attest to my salary as a
DBA being competitive and the company being a great one to work for.

You can call me at 781.370.8610 if you have more questions.

The link for this posting is
http://www.constantcontact.com/about-constant-contact/careers/software-quality-assurance-engineer-em-authoring-contract.jsp

and on it there is a button marked "Apply Now"
    -=Beldon
*/

Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses, associations, and
nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Launched
in 1998, Constant Contact? champions the needs of small organizations
and provides them with an easy and affordable way to build successful,
lasting customer relationships. Constant Contact's leading email
marketing and survey products?supported by our expert personal coaching
and service?help all types of small businesses and organizations create
professional-looking email newsletters and insightful online surveys,
and begin a dialogue with their customers. Today, more than 350,000
customers worldwide trust Constant Contact to help them connect with
their audience.

Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with an additional office in Loveland,
Colo., Constant Contact was named Massachusetts Technology Leadership
Council "Company of the Year" in 2008 and is ranked as the 14th fastest
growing company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for New England list.

As a result of our continued growth and the success of our business
model we are searching for Quality Assurance Engineer who will assist in
the quality effort for our industry leading email marketing application.

This position requires the ability to work on multiple projects
independently and as part of a project team. This is more than just a
testing position, we are looking for a strong Quality Assurance
background with a proven track record of results in improving test
efficiency and reducing test cycles while increasing test coverage. The
focus of this position will be testing our Email Marketing product.

This is an independent contract position for 40 hours per week with the
opportunity to convert to a permanent position in the future.  As a
contractor you will not be eligible for any company benefits.  Payment
is commensurate with experience, an hourly rate, paid 1099.
Actions and Results:

    * Identify, log and track defects
    * Assist in associating defects with application behavior
    * Analyze reported bugs and assist in replicating
    * Develop test methodologies, plans, and strategies for development
      projects

Skills and Experience:
Required

    * BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable discipline
    * 2-4 years QA experience
    * Experience testing a web application
    * Familiarity with SQL
    * Experience with web technologies: HTML, JSP, XML, CSS, etc.
    * Attention to detail
    * Previous test case development, test planning and execution
    * Strong analytical and organizational skills
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    * Thorough understanding of QA test process and its relationship to
      a quality product
    * Proven success in performing effective QA testing within project
      timeline and/or resource constraints
    * Adaptable, committed to deadlines and willingness to work in
      fast-paced environment
    * Hands-on experience working in an Agile environment

Desired

    * Familiarity with Java or some other object-oriented programming
      language
    * Familiarity with JavaScript
    * Experience or familiarity with automated test tools
    * Experience working with HTML as it relates to email and email
      clients

Constant Contact offers a competitive compensation package that includes
base salary and stock options. Our benefit package is comprehensive and
includes Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Insurance; 401(K);
529 College Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid
Vacation/Holidays; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Tuition
Reimbursement; Adoption Assistance; and, an exciting Stock Option Plan!

If you desire to make a difference, are committed to bringing the
highest quality of service to our customers and are looking for a "once
in a lifetime" opportunity, send us your resume and salary requirements
for consideration.

We are not accepting employment agency referrals for this position.