Single-signon (Subversion, Apache etc)

So, what do people use?

* Active Directory
* Apache Directory http://directory.apache.org/
* Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, DNS and Samba
* RADIUS e.g. http://freeradius.org/ says they are the #1 RADIUS
server [1] (plus other)
* freeIPA (http://freeipa.org/page/Main_Page) which packages Fedora,
Fedora Directory Srver, Kerberos, NTP, DNS
I once thought to use PubCookie http://www.pubcookie.org/ but I don't
hear other people talking about it
I found at least one company http://www.ebox-platform.com/ that
customizes a distro and supports it.

Maybe most organizations do not put this complete infrastructure
together.  At the very least many of those who have tried have not
found success easily (e.g.
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/276)

I apologize for wanting this to be simple.  It's simply not.  That's
why a talented, dedicated System Administrator is so valuable.

I'd like to know what the end game looks like, but unless it's easy
(and every indication is that it's not easy and it's hard to even find
complete reference implementations (i.e. HOWTOs)) I'm likely to stick
with single password management; which still has the challenge of
configuring all my services to work with LDAP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ldap  Thankfully in that regard, most
systems/services that require a user login also have an option to
integrate with an LDAP server.

== Related Links ==
http://www.openafs.org/main.html OpenAFS - the Andrew File System, a
distributed filesystem that plays a role in many (enterprise/campus)
setups
http://linuxwiki.riverworth.com/index.php?title=LDAP_Authentication
LDAP Authentication HOWTO against slapd v2.2 using the "old"
configuration method which is to say slapd.conf plus BDB instead of an
internal LDAP database. __LDAPv2__ should be avoided and is disabled
by default in current OpenLDAP installations [2].  However OpenLDAP
aka slapd implements LDAPv3 since the former hit v1.03 on 09/28/2000
[3]  This bit of "version mismath" had me confused until just now.
http://www.bekatul.info/node/24 seems like a current HOWTO, and mostly
complete? haven't had time to read through much less test
http://oss.segetech.com/linux-ldap-configuration.html probably best
HOWTO I've seen so far
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Samba/Kerberos Kerberos on Ubuntu
(despite the article name and URL, it has nothing to do with Samba,
but of course can be combined with it)

Greg Rundlett