Slightly off topic - Ebooks

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 12:00:52AM -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> > > Publishing industry is taking the music industry as what not to do.
> >
> > I think you're wrong, but only history will declare the victor.
>
> What, precisely, do you think?
> Do you think one day, all materials will be available for free?  Publishers
> will simply give up on DRM?

I think that within a few years, the majority of publishers will
give up on DRM. They will continue to charge for their products.

In other words, books will be sold much like music is today: you
can buy a physical CD (hardcover or paperback) or an open-format
track (ebook).

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.