Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 upgrade

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Bill Bogstad <bogstad-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Anyone encounter any show stoppers in your upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10?

> As for the other issues that you noted, my biggest concern was with
> grub and I had no problems with either machine. ?Just dumb luck I
> guess.

Oh, I forgot to mention sound.  As seems to be the case with any Linux
system I've touched in years,
it was a pain.   It's more or less working again.

I ended up removing/reinputting my wireless keys on the laptop.  I
don't know why this was necessary.

I had some password less SSH keys which I use for automation which the
latest Gnome/Ubuntu
key manager automagically load into my interactive sessions which
caused problems since they
have restricted privileges on the target machines.  I ended up moving
them out of my .ssh directory
so the magic wouldn't work and modified my automation scripts appropriately.

Okay, maybe the upgrade was more of a pain then I first said.  Still
nothing was a show stopper...

Bill Bogstad