another Comcast head-end goes digital

On 01/21/2010 09:15 PM, Tom Metro wrote:

> 1. Should I expect most of these digital-only channels to be encrypted?
> This page:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan
> written in response to the Comcast transition, describes a procedure for
> setting up channel mapping for clear-QAM tuners, implying that such a
> thing is still useful.

My understanding is that the only things Comcast is sending in Clear QAM
in Greater Boston are the local broadcast channels. Since you live in
Newton that's not terribly valuable, as you could receive those with a
simple antenna. But I'm not a Comcast customer and can't offer any
first-hand experience.