Linux on netbooks

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Gordon Marx <gcmarx-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> I call bull until you come check out the pairing of my 17" MacBook Pro
>>> with a 24" LED Apple Cinema Display.
>> I demand that you normalize to looks per dollar, because Eric didn't
>> spend $900 on a monitor.
>
> Neither did I. It was only $600[*], and worth EVERY PENNY. I've got a
> couple of other 20" and 22" LCD here in the office. They all SUCK
> horribly compared to the Apple display. The visual clarity and
> brightness blows everything else away, which is well worth it to me,
> given I sit in front of the thing for so many hours each week.
>
> [*] http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/displays
> when available

My monitor cost less than $150.  Compaq 20" wide screen.  Looks fine.
My eyes do not strain.  My brother has an apple.  I spent 1/2 the money
and like my system better for many reasons.

Your system does sound pretty cool.  Won't lie.

- Eric C

?The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and
opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.?
- Edward Bernays