Linux on netbooks

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Gordon Marx <gcmarx-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I call bull until you come check out the pairing of my 17" MacBook Pro
>> with a 24" LED Apple Cinema Display.
>
> I demand that you normalize to looks per dollar, because Eric didn't
> spend $900 on a monitor.

Neither did I. It was only $600[*], and worth EVERY PENNY. I've got a
couple of other 20" and 22" LCD here in the office. They all SUCK
horribly compared to the Apple display. The visual clarity and
brightness blows everything else away, which is well worth it to me,
given I sit in front of the thing for so many hours each week.

[*] http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/displays
when available

--
Jarod Wilson