Linux on netbooks

hey

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM, David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have an important high-level decision to make; Do I get a Windows one
> and make it dual-boot with Linux, or get one that already has Linux
> installed?

i think the big tradeoff with linux is battery life. since open source
projects don't have armies of programmers working over such
fascinating details as power consuption, linux support lags behind
here.

so if you can live with that limitation, go linux [or chrome, there's
an early build that i use on my netbook, see
http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/]. my internal disc has the ubuntu netbook
remix, and i can also boot to the sd card with chrome on it.

my computing life has usually been better when i avoid windows ...

--
\js "war is over if you want it" -lennon & ono