Linux on netbooks

Most netbooks that are 1.6ghz and above should be able to play videos
fullscreen.  I have a Samsung NC10 I bought a year ago.  I run Linux
on it and have been able to stream DVDs to the device using VLC and
watch videos on Hulu without trouble.

Keyboard layout was a big thing for me.  A lot of netbooks used to
move some of the punctuation keys around and that's a huge pain if you
try to do any programming on them.  Something I didn't think about at
the time of purchase was the button layout for the trackpad.  I used
middle-click extensively and, while you can emulate it with a
simultaneous left and right click, it doesn't work too well if you've
only got one button that pivots like a lever (NC10 only has one
button/bar).  Some newer netbooks are now losing the buttons
altogether to make the trackpad larger (Dell Inspiron Mini 10).