which wiki to wiki...

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Stephen Adler <adler-wRvlPVLobi1/31tCrMuHxg at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm setting up a project which needs a wiki, and plunged down the
> mediawiki path, since I figure it's the most popular wiki out there.
> (Maybe its not?) Then I wanted to get into access control, and the first
> thing mediawiki tells me is, "are you sure you want to use mediawiki if
> you plan to restrict access?" and a bunch of external links to other
> wiki's. So I was wondering, maybe mediawiki isn't for me and I should
> try another one. So.... Any of you guys have a favourite wiki engine you
> use? The ones media wiki points me to are...
>
> MoinMoin http://moinmo.in/
> GroupWikiBase http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GroupWikiBase
> Twiki http://twiki.org
> TikiWiki http://tikiwiki.org
>
> from a quick check, maybe tikiwiki is best? But I'm sure there are
> hordes of wikis out there. Any suggestion or comment on this is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks. Steve.

I recommend Twiki.  We use it with a number of different plugins, one of
which integrates authentication with our Active Directory using the LDAP
plugin.  With that plugin we were able to create Twiki pages that pulled
data dynamically from AD, voila instant Twiki page with a company directory.

-matt
http://www.sysadminvalley.com
http://www.beantownhost.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboston
Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -
"Sports is like a war without the killing."